Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Chapter 2

As ill luck would have it, this canned peach was the old type one, which couldn't be opened without a can opener.

"Maybe we need to go to the 100-yen shop in some distance to get one, and that shop is the closest to here. We can't be bothered."

"Hmm . . . I hate to say it, but shall we give it up for today?"

At this time, my friend got an important phone call. My friend came on line in the living room. Canned peach and I were left in the kitchen.

( . . . Can't we make it with the tools in my house ? . . . )

Hikaru eventually took out a pair of kitchen scissors. (adds the tastes of sub-vocals in Tuesday Suspense Theater) *crack* *crack* *crack* I hit the scissors against the can a little harder, which made a dent on the surface of the can. Hikaru's eye expression changed.

( . . . Yes I can make it . . . ! )

Hikaru rose the scissors up. *pound* . . . *pound* . . .

"! ! ! Snorts ! ! !"

*! ! ! zunk ! ! !*

( I brought it down . . . ! )

Hikaru put the scissors into the pierced hole and made cuts in the can with all her might.

"Hmmmm! Yah! Yah! *pant* *pant* . . . This is hard to do, really. My hand aches . . . Dammit! Just a little more ! ! *!snorts!* *!snorts!* Hiyahhh ! ! ! Take that ! ! !"

Then, at this moment my friend hung up and returned back to the kitchen.

And what she saw was . . .


To be continued