Sunday, November 03, 2002

It's a quiet Sunday morning (T-T)

The last blank line is now filled . . . with the lyrics!
Seems like the working area of my brain gets expanded whenever I get in the studio!

It's almost two months since I decided to release a new song and at once started thinking about the chord progression.

Now a month has passed since I started working on the lyrics, passed through the hot "traffic jams" a couple of times; my engine not yet going full-steam 'cause the battery won't warm up quickly in the winter morning . . .
Hey, what's wrong with me! Is it because I write the lyrics after a long while??
No! You remember, you always come to a deadlock and break it over and over again for about a month, don't you! - I cheered myself up by thinking like that . . .

Finally the day before yesterday! on starting my life in the studio I made rapid progress in writing the lyrics, and you know, (I think) I finished it all just about 5 minutes ago(although I'm sure I'll be worried about this and that and this and that trifle right before the recording session)('cause I decided to add 2 more measures at the beginning of 3C to liven things up and thanks to that I've got the word limit increased to cram more things in; but I'm not sure which would be better, tweaking that part with the same motif as the beginning of 1C and 2C to arrange the whole things poetically, or seeking some new expressions I haven't used before on the song to add more accents, an impressive touch which broaden the expanse of the song itself, since that is the part I add 2 more measures to make it a big turning point - I often do it this way; hmmmmm or would it be better to use the word I first thought out, No!! It's OK! It's OK to take the one I just chose! Cuz it can be like the answer to the question raised in 1A and 1A' and also get the whole structure in shape! <--- my thoughts go on and on like this . . .)

Oops I'm getting to go back again while I just told you I "finished it all."

You know, usually I don't manage to finish the lyrics until right before the recording day, or even until nearly blowing out the deadline a bit! (lol)
And this time I could finish it off 4 days before recording my vocals . . . I say anything can happen today - even a sudden rise of stock prices across the world! (lol)
It's been a long time since I had this feeling when I wrote "traveling"!

Woot! I feel great!
Now I can look Mr. Director straight in the eyes! (lol)

Uh-oh now it's already time to get ready to go out - I'm writing this report since I'm so happy that I've finished the song up, although at first I was thinking of leaving home after taking a short nap!
Okay then I'll take my nap in the studio today! (no kidding)
(It's OK for today!)


Talking of feeling great,


I found out what "Shigezou" means!!

"Shigezou," the name which sent you into a whirl of confusion and laughter several days ago.
First off let me thank the people who thought hard about this like "too antique for an ex-boyfriend's name! who's that!" and who tried to find this name by searching the www.
It would be a beautiful story only for those who check this site if "Shigezou" appeared on this week's most frequently searched keywords list. (lol)
Here let me tell you who "Shigezou" is, though it seems like he came to be loved too much to be unmasked now.

It's nothing special really . . . it's a name of the character appeared in the novel "Koukotsu no Hito" which I read in high school!
I think I saved it in my PC when I wrote an essay or something.

So this is the end of the story, or "stories" I'd say!

Now let's get down to work for today, giving thanks for being alive~
(Wo-!)


********************
(NOTE by Nuuk)
"Koukotsu no Hito(The Twilight Years)" ... written by Sawako Ariyoshi; first published in 1972.