Friday, February 22, 2002

Penetrating Prime Minister's Palace at 19! Let's go!

Perhaps, watching the news with me suddenly appearing and shaking the hands of Prime Minister Koizumi and President Bush seems to be shocking? "What?? What are you doing Utada Hikaru?" Actually even me (What am I doing?) got the same feeling too. (lol)

First I recieved an invitation. Then I was allowed to have a visit, Prime Minister's Palace is very near Toshiba Emi head office, arbitrarily, I have an attachment to the residence but it was foam away. When I got down from my car, "wow!, this is the entrance that I always see on the news!!" I thought, then it appears to me that I am a CG being put inside the news image?? It was as if I was plug into an area of virtual reality! At the entrance I recieved a name card, I look at it and it was my name with a simplified bio-data written on it(what is this for?), I was told that the moment that I will come face to face with President Bush, that name card will be hand over and read by the chairman(?). It was the first time I recieved a name card from someone with my own name on it. (lol) With that first at the big hall, only the expected guests assembled of course liquor drinks were served, "Pardon me, but you're cheeks has turned red, are you okey?" This kind of chatting started, surprisingly, all of a sudden it is an enthusiastic palace. So then, composedly everyone lined and start to circulate including myself for the present. Then when we turned to the corner, abruptly at the front of the guilded folding screen there was the Prime Minister and Mr.President and Mrs. Bush couple smiling gently right before my eyes!! No kidding, this is a very breathtaking surreal situation! Oh no, but I'm not fully prepared yet!, and as I thought, there it is my name card is being read and announced while I shake the hands of Prime Minister Koizumi, President Bush and the First Lady Mrs. Bush(Overexcitement is very bad for the heart). There's one more, the MC from Foreign Affairs introduce me as "Mister Hikaru Utada," Me, calling a Mister?? hahahaha........., President Bush answered smilingly in english "Even myself doesn't look at all Mister". For that I answred back "It's a great pleasure Sir, the truth is I am both Japanese and American citizen" and he said "Ohh a fellow American!" also "And you are a student of Columbia University" and so this was the topic of our conversation. After the party at the reception Hall, I was able to talk to Prime Minister Koizumi "This is a very beautiful house" I said, and he laughs. Well, this structure is a work of Frank Lloyd Wright isn't it? Before the change to a new Palace I am happy that I was able to get inside and look around. I stared at every detail of the wall, the ceiling, I stared thoroughly in a way I look like some kind of shady person. During the party KOTO (Japanese musical instrument) was played, after the party this KOTO left on the same spot, and I was allowed to look closely. Seems like a manly/feminine which I'm fully unaware bisexual kind of instrument with a touch of charm.

Ohh! Indeed however it never occurs in my mind nor in my dreams, that there will come a day that I will meet both of my countries's leaders(Japan and US). Mr. Nagashima(Japan's famous baseball player & baseball Team Manager), Miss Yawara(Olympic Judo Gold Medalist) etc...... It was a cherish experience meeting lots of various Japanese figures. For 19 years I have been carrying 2 nationlities and I'm not aware of it's significance, except carrying 2 passports, filing for both Japan and US income Tax tradition till now, after meeting US President and Japan's Prime Minister, I have realized my own position and responsibility being both American and Japanese. It becomes very important to set a clear stand in this internationalized world, I must study more about my own two countries!

But before that, I must get rid of my cold first! Today, I have been to my favorite hospital and the doctor said "Ohh! You're on the news paper headline!", finally I remember this news regarding my US contract, I almost forgot about this because my lymph glands are in pain(lol) I will write about this too!! Wait for a day -------.


********************
credits to Yam @ HikkiCentral who originally translated this message.