Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So it's my 9th birthday, put briefly

(a photo is uploaded. please check her official site)

As of December 9th, it's been whole 9 years since Utada Hikaru debuted!

It's so-called 9th anniversary! I'm about to step in the 10th year!

Thank you for all you guys who celebrated my anniversary~!

Also thank you for all you guys who have no idea about what I'm talking about~! (lol)


Well~, first I thought it's the 10th anniversary year, learning about this anniversary here and there from the news(like the ones concerned with free-of-charge download of Automatic ringtone! and such) lately. Math is difficult*


Besides, for whatever reason, I always tend to spend the days just casually around this time of every year, since I can't remember if my debut anniversary day is 7th, 8th or 9th of the month.

By the way, around this time of 4 or 5 years ago I was working on recording every day, December 9th came and went, with no celebration, then on 19th when I arrived in the studio just as usual, my dad appeared with a cake prepared for me, smiling, and said "Congratulations~!"

" . . . . . . . . Huh?"

"Congratulations for your debut anniversary~! (*sheer shining smiles*)

Well

Dad ! ! !

10 days have already passed ! ! !

I had such a happening in the past.

He confused my birthday with my debut anniversary day, that's why he got it wrong.

My dad went very quiet with sagging shoulders and looked pitiful, but it looked very cute as well. (lol) His state hit my trigger point of Moe. (lol)


This year things went a different way!

I heard we were gonna have a meeting in the studio at 6pm so I went to the other room, which turned out to be the surprise party ! ! !

I was really surprised!

'Cause there were a lot of people, like the record company people and top management guys in a business suit, and on top of that the red-and-white drop curtains were set in the room. (lol) Yes, that's the red-and-white fabric that you see in Matsuri festivals or the back of Kuji lottery places!!

It looked so festive!

I was thrilled all the more, as they showed up for the party even though it's the busy time now.

Although they were still at work, all of them looked red in the face because of a glass of champagne on an empty stomach, which was fun.

On top of that, I got a lot of gifts from them! Just how lucky I am.

Macchan the engineer gave this to me! the Hanten(traditional Japanese short coat)! So that I won't get chilled. I was impressed by the first Hanten in my life. And I found it's so warm, when I returned home and put it on. I was so surprised. It was so warm, as if I pulled the futon cover over myself. It was almost hot, I should say.

I was surprised even further, learning that the Hanten suited me very well. I once again realized this kind of clothes suits Japanese best. (lol)

Maybe I should put this on in the studio, as I always have a nap on the sofa and catch cold . . .