Thursday, October 25, 2007

Doga . . .

(a photo is uploaded. please check her official site)

Also, this could be breaking the rule a little(lol), but honestly, this woman, in this picture, is my most favorite part among all Degas' works. Sorry for being this maniac.

This is the drawing of that famous painter Mane(Manet) and his wife, and at first Degas was planning to send this to Manet as a gift, but it seems like Manet got angry and tore up the drawing. That's why that woman's face is cut off.

I love the way of her face's being cut off. I even almost wished if only the drawing were in that state from the beginning. I wonder why. I love that position of cut off ! ! ! I mean, I love that state of her face's being visible, or invisible. That looks awesome, huh!


Seems like both Degas and Manet were such moody type of people. I think it really just cannot be helped if those people who live by arts, had a furious temper, or odd character. I'm not saying artist can get away with blue murder though.

First of all, it could be that they happened to be artists 'cause they were such type of people who were unable to get along in society.

I say lately Japan tends to be quite harsh on the talent people, which makes me think, it would make those super talented, interesting people pretty hard to come up . . . (._.*)