Friday, September 06, 2002

Important announcement

To whom it may concern:

Today I, Utada Hikaru, had my name entered in Kiriya Kazuaki's family register.

Since we got to know each other in the winter before last, we overcame various occurrences involving joys and sorrows, while publishing together many works of videos and CD jackets, and putting full confidence in each other we have gotten to this decision. I am deeply grateful to the people who gave us help to this realization.

I think that after resting for a while, this time when I am restarting the musical activities is very appropriate to the start of a new life, and I got married without even waiting for being blessed with a child.

I have obtained a new power, and hereafter I will fling myself into work throwing out my chest.


For all the fans:

Just now, I've sent the above letter by fax to the mass media.

I got married today.
Consulting Toshiba-EMI, my office and my parents, I've been preparing it carefully, faithfully, trying to materialize it with a good shape as much as I can, until I reached this day.

So, don't worry!
Maybe some people will wonder why did I get married so young without even getting pregnant.
But on this world where we don't know what will happen, I think that all conviction is desire, and desire is the biggest conviction.
It's a decision that comes from the natural feeling of wanting to live in a dignified manner with the person that I love.

Please expect the new Hikaru!!

September 6th 2002
Utada Hikaru


********************
credits to Samurai @ HikkiCentral who originally translated this message.