Wednesday, January 27, 2010

San Fransisco Fillmore

(a photo is uploaded. please check her official site)

My San Francisco show was a huge success again, thanks to all of you!

I'm so glad my shows have been selling out!

This time, again we've got this international audience lineup. The front row almost looked like an UN conference (lol)

So far from what I've seen, half of the audience is Caucasian, the other half is Asian, a certain number of African-American, Arabic, Hispanic, which makes a total mixture of people with various roots . . . and this composition is very much similar to the circumstances I was raised in!
New York itself represents the same sort of diversity, and the situation was same for formation of classes when I was in the international school in Tokyo, which was also like an UN conference. So I felt kinda at ease (lol)

There was this Muslimah girl wrapping her head in a scarf in the front row who was so hyper, or almost driven mad. Next to her there was this girl who came all the way from Japan. Next to her there was this group of Caucasian young guys probably living in the neighborhood. Next to them I saw this Indo-American boy, next to him there was this Caucasian old man, next to him I found this cute African-American girl . . . all these views make me kinda happy.

Like, such views make me feel hopeful abut the future.

So - now about this venue, Fillmore. It's a historic place !

The venue interior was rich in atmosphere - like, the floor with lots of chandeliers hanging from the ceiling; the backstage and lounge room full of posters of past performers - Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Miles Davis . . . the list goes on and on.

And they prepared this poster for me, to put in the dressroom ! On the wall right oppoisite Led Zeppelin's poster . . . ! OH YES! Fantastic! In Japan we say it like:

Gottuandesu ! ! (○`ε´○)